Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone
I have had many ‘must do’ goals in my life which I did and love that I got the chance to experience this amazing world, but you should never be satisfied or think you are done. You are done when your life is over. I have more life to experience.
These are my bucket list or must do list which is always evolving! I created this more formal online list during August 2014 (updated October 2018) but I had an informal list in my mind since the early 1990s. The experiences I have completed are listed here, I’ve been very fortunate.
My friends and travels usually inspire new ideas so this list is constantly changing, life is limitless!
- Attend an Olympics Games (aiming for Japan 2020)
- Visit Seven Wonders of Modern World
To Do: Petra, Jordan (aiming for 2022).
Done: Taj Mahal, India; Giza, Egypt; Colosseum, Italy; Chichen Itza, Mexico; Machu Picchu, Peru; Great Wall of China, China; Christ the Redeemer, Brazil
- Attend all four Tennis Grand Slams
To Do: French Open (aiming for 2021)
Done: Wimbledon (June 2009), Australian Open (various years), US Open (August 2019)
- Go on an Arctic cruise, see Polar Bears and visit Greenland (aiming for 2021)
- Appear on a radio or TV show
- Snorkel in The Galapagos Islands (aiming for 2024 with my niece Erin on her Graduation)
- Take a dog sled ride
- Stay in a Ice Hotel (Sweden)
- Write a short story
- Visit Myanmar
- Visit and hopefully drive across the Florida Keys
- Travel on The Trans-Mongolian Railway
- Visit the Amazon
- Float in The Dead Sea
- Visit Jerusalem
- View The Statues on Easter Island
- Explore Turkey
- Travel the West Coast of Australia from Darwin to Broome
- Visit the top most town in Australia (Cooktown)
- Visit the Dalmatian Coast in Croatia
- Visit 100 countries (70 so far)
- See Test Match Cricket in Six Countries (So far Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Sri Lanka, likely other two are England and India)
- Volunteer for 6-12 months (retirement plan)
- Drive around Australia for at least 6 months (retirement plan)
Damn there is still a lot to do!!