Official Name: Kingdom of Thailand (formerly Siam)
Established: 1238 (Sukhothai Kingdom), 24 June 1932 (Constitutional monarchy)
Population: 66,558,935 (2019 estimate)
Religion: 94.5% Buddhism, 4.3% Islam, 1.2% Christianity
Order of Visit: Thirty-Ninth
First Visit: 06 October 2012
Last Visit: 26 July 2016
Duration: 15 Days
– Ayutthaya: Exploring the Bang Pa-In Summer Palace, Wat Na Phra Mane and Wat Lokayasutharam (sight of a large reclining Buddha), cruising Chao Phraya River (in 2012 and 2016),
– Bangkok: Sleeping in bunks on the overnight train trip (Koh Phangan to Bangkok), Royal Temple of Wat Po, Canal ride (and feeding fish), Jim Thompson House and Museum (silk hand weaving), Thai Kickboxing fights (Muay Thai), reclining Buddha, Visiting the Grand Palace with the Emerald Buddha).
– Chiang Mai: enjoying a traditional Khantoke dinner, Thai cooking class, intense full body Thai massage, shopping at the Thai Silk Village, intense Muay Thai (kickboxing) fights, feeding, walking with and washing elephants in a sanctuary, exploring the Wat Doi Suthep Temple, experiencing a ladyboy show (Chiang Mai Cabaret Show), visiting the Baan Tong Luang Eco-Agricultural Tribes village including firing an old fashion box gun, the spellbinding Bai Orchid and Butterfly Farm
– Koh Samui: Enjoying a elephant ride, patting a tiger, incredible scenery, relaxing ferry ride to the island, exploring Ang National Marine Park (swimming, hiking, kayaking
– Koh Phangan: swimming in the beautiful waters, enjoying aroma massage, hiking, BBQ seafood on the beach, launching Chinese lanterns under the stars.
– Nakhon Si Thammarat: Shadow Puppet Museum and enjoyable show
Places Visited: Ayutthaya, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Koh Phangan, Koh Samui, Nakhon Si Thammarat
Thailand Journal Entries