The amazing 2016 South East Asia trip to Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and Sri Lanka seems both like yesterday and a long time ago. It’s sometimes good to think back and right now I’ve been thinking about the flights and distance I’ve travelled the world over my world trips and thought I’d pull together the stats.
I had 8 days flying across 11 flights and 7 airlines, all economy travel but exit room seats on my first two QANTAS flights. Lounge access in Melbourne, Sydney, Ho Chi Minh City, Colombo and Singapore (its a good bonus having QANTAS Gold / Oneworld Sapphire status).
- 706 km Melbourne (MEL) to Sydney (SYD) – 1 hour 25 minutes (QANTAS Seat 13C)
7,502 km Sydney (SYD) to Bangkok (BKK) – 9 hours 30 minutes (QANTAS Seat 36D)
- 594 km Bangkok (BKK) to Chiang Mai (CNX) – 1 hour 15 minutes (Thai Smile Seat 53C)
- 359 km Chiang Mai (CNX) to Luang Prabang (LPQ) – 1 hour (Laos Airlines Seat 16A)
- 407 km Luang Prabang (LPQ) to Hanoi (HAN) – 1 hour (Laos Airlines Seat 1B)
- 1,155 km Hanoi (HAN) to Ho Chi Minh City (SGN) – 2 hours 5 minutes (Vietnam Airlines Seat 28A)
- 213 km Ho Chi Minh City (SGN) to Phnom Penh (PNH) – 50 minutes (QATAR Seat 19A)
- 333 km Siem Reap (REP) to Bangkok (BKK) – 1 hour (Bangkok Airlines Seat 7B)
2,393 km Bangkok (BKK) to Colombo (CMB) – 3 hours 20 minutes (Sri Lankan Airlines Seat 32K)
- 2,751 km Colombo (CMB) to Singapore (SIN) – 4 hours (Sri Lankan Airlines Seat 7C)
6,025 km Singapore (SIN) to Melbourne (MEL) – 7 hours 25 minutes (QANTAS Seat 25B)
22,439 km 76 hours 50 minutes